• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Migrate instance to discord backend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paolo

Hi all, i have a version of the lastest beta running on my server (updated every new build) connected to my guild ts server, now we want to migrate to discord and since a fresh installation is required in order to make the bot work on discord i wonder if it's possible to retain the current music library without redownloading all the music files

Thanks in advance

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
I think copying the data folder should work. I can't remember the exact folder name atm where the songs are stored.

Last edited:

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Won't work, sorry. A solution might be coming with the next version.

Paolo

since i wanted to explore more the situation (i'm a student in computer science) i managed to add an instance to discord by modifying the sqlite db called global.sqlite in the data/db folder. Now it works like a charm even on discord without redownloading all the music.
the problem is that now i can't add more music to the bot; event putting log level to 10 the bot log doesn't show any error but the song isn't in the db; the files .info.json, .jpg and are in the data/tmp folder but not the hashed music file in the data/store/{id}/ folder. I double checked all permissions since it's a ubuntu server and they are all allright

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
That's why I didn't explain that 'solution'. It's not recommended to modify internal databases and there will be no support for that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.