• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Moving the bot

Manius

Donor
is awesome!
Hello! I'm transferring the bot from one server to another, I mean dedicated servers, and what files do I have to copy to have all the music together with the folders?

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
All data is stored in the data directory of your SinusBot installation. But in general just install the SinusBot again with e.g. the installer-script and then stop the bot, delete /opt/sinusbot directory, copy the /opt/sinusbot from your old installation to the new server.
Then just fix the permisssions by "chown -R sinusbot:sinusbot /opt/sinusbot" and you are ready to go to start the SinusBot again.

Manius

Donor
is awesome!
Is this one more thing, and I have to ask for a new license if I move the bot to another dedicated server?

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Is this one more thing, and I have to ask for a new license if I move the bot to another dedicated server?
If the TS Server UID stays the same: no. Otherwise: yes.
If you exactly copy all of the TS Server files this should not happen.