• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

New "Youtube-DL" (yt-dlp)

-invisible-

Hello, good evening, I wanted to ask how to install the new "yt-dlp", for the reason that youtube-dl stopped being alive (it has not been updated for 4 months) and the said yt-dlp is being updated daily. Is there any method to replace the already youtube-dl with this new one?

-invisible-

Okay I understand. I already tried changing the path, but apparently, SinusBOT is not ready to run yt-dlp, since it marks as if youtube-dl is not available, that is, sinusbot died on the subject of musical bots?

valux

Let me try to recap what I did..

If you have dockerized sinusbot, you need to enter the container first:
Bash:
sudo docker exec -it <sinusbot-container-name> bash
If not, you can continue right away..

To install,

1. I downloaded the yt-dlp binary and exported it to /usr/local/bin/:

(inside the container)
Bash:
sudo curl -L https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases/latest/download/yt-dlp -o /usr/local/bin/yt-dlp
sudo chmod a+rx /usr/local/bin/yt-dlp

2. I changed the (/opt/sinusbot/data/)config.ini accordingly:
Code:
[...]
YoutubeDLPath = "/usr/local/bin/yt-dlp"
[...]

Last edited:

-invisible-

Hello, good evening, I was doing several tests with the "yt-dlp" version and it doesn't work, since it shows me the following:

Code:
2023-04-19T21:08:48-03:00 [sinusbot-commands:165:16] Downloaded YouTube Video: nlXqp3FVrq8
2023-04-19T21:08:48-03:00 [ Youtube_Search:1015:44] Append to queue: nlXqp3FVrq8

And I go to see the page of Music > Upload and it appears "youtube-dl not available". If you have any solution to this, I would appreciate it.

valux

Okay, can you provide the following info for me to help you:

How did you install sinusbot? (Is it a localhost or Docker Installation)
Where is your config? (/opt/sinusbot/config.ini)?
Did you install yt-dlp as stated above? (If not, how did you do it?)

-invisible-

Okay, can you provide the following info for me to help you:

How did you install sinusbot? (Is it a localhost or Docker Installation)
Where is your config? (/opt/sinusbot/config.ini)?
Did you install yt-dlp as stated above? (If not, how did you do it?)
Hello, good morning, I have installed the sinusbot with the installer script.

My configuration is in "/opt/sinusbot/config.ini"

Install as you indicated, but previously, before I did this thread, I did the same thing, and it didn't work (it gives me the same error).

X-Nightmare-X

Hey, for me it was really easy.
SinusBot installed with install script with own home path and all other settings as "standard".

Then only install yt-dlp like mentioned at GitHub (I downloaded the binary for Linux) and if you want copy it to local/usr/bin for system wide use.

Then only change the setting with the link to youtube-dl in SinusBot to the binary (System-wide) or in my case I copied it in the SinusBot folder and set the link to it.

Then testet downloading in the Webinterface and it worked.

Don't know if there are other errors or failures from other bin calls but mine works.

Sorry for bad English 😅
Hope this helps you.

😋✌🏼

-invisible-

Hello! What language do you speak?

Also, what binary did you download? I have Ubuntu, and I've wanted to listen to music on my TeamSpeak bot for a long time and I can't because of that issue.

X-Nightmare-X

I had that issue too.
My language is German.
Then I saw the "new" yt-dlp and thought about how to do it.
It's really easy.

I opened the project in GitHub and surfed to the release site with the binarys then I downloaded the binary for my System Linux Ubuntu 22.04.

Then download/upload it at your server.
Copy it to /usr/local/bin then you can use is like anywhere from your system just with the command yt-dlp >YTLink -xyz

And or copy it to the destination folder of your SinusBot installation.

Then you only have to edit the SinusBot config file where the YouTube-DL setting is.
Edit this to the bin file from yt-dlp.

I am right now a little bit busy but I am looking for the links a little later and will post them too.

😋

X-Nightmare-X

OK. Still, I have no problem changing the version. Do you recommend it?
Which version?
Ubuntu from 18.04. to 22.04?

I would first test to install Sinusbot new if it's not working at all, if it's working with music like uploaded tracks or radio streams then I only would test the yt-dlp how to get it to work.

If you have nothing really necessary on the server, I would update it to the new version but eventually with a complete new installation.

I made a major upgrade from an old version to a new one and many software packages had old dependencys and other problems.
I had not that big issue with that. But you have do to a little work before you update a major version.
But for me I got a new server with the new install and the other were deleted. For that I didn't had to deal with the issues.

I don't know your complete setup or environment, I can't help you exactly with what is wrong or not working. You have to check logs and so on.

For me, as said, it was really easy to install yt-dlp

-invisible-

Hello, good morning, I was trying to install the sinusbot with the script on 22.04 and I get errors. I don't know how they are fixed.

X-Nightmare-X

At the installer Script?
Then I think it is the python package.

At my setup I had struggle to.
I downloaded the install script without directly piping it to the command shell.
Then I edited the python package to the new one.
Or install python-to-python3.
At my system the NTP command in the script for installing and syncing time was making trouble to because I installed another service for that.

You have to send the errors or something else like logs so that someone could say more about it. Without that no one could really say what's going wrong.

-invisible-

Good evening, here is what you are asking for, the error. I hope there is a solution, in 18.04 the script works fine for me, but not the yt-dlp.NOXb4Ys.png

-invisible-

Hello again, I was able to fix the previous error, I'll give you an image, but now I'm getting an error with ntp.

Code:
Command which failed was: "      ntpd 0.pool.ntp.org". Please try to execute it manually and attach the output to the bug report in the forum thread.
If it still doesn't work report this to the author at https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/sinusbot-installer-script.1200/ only. Not a PN or a bad review, cause this is an error of your system not of the installer script. Line 672.

X-Nightmare-X

Jep same failures as in my environment.
I commented the lines with the NTP config out.
Set timesync config on your own and comment the lines out. That should work without problems.
Check if timesync is working with timedatectl there should it be reported with yes.

-invisible-

Hello good evening. I was editing a bit, and when commenting on the timesync part, it gives me other errors, so I eliminated what I saw, and it always ends up giving me an error. Don't you have the installer script you used for your machine?