Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Problem with launching sinusbot

Speedyyy

Hello I have a problem. When I try to launch a bot on my debian server with putty i get an error "The bot will not run as root-user.". When I try to launch it with non-root user I get a notification "Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?"
Please Help
./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat doesn't work too

Rerbun

Insider
Insider
Is -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat not a valid argument anymore?

I'm trying to run Sinusbot in my busybox and I haven't been able to figure out how to run docker-containers as non-root users, so I'd really like to be able to just run it as root instead (I'm only using the bot on my private server anyways).

Jniklas2

Donor
is awesome!
Insider
Is -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat not a valid argument anymore?

I'm trying to run Sinusbot in my busybox and I haven't been able to figure out how to run docker-containers as non-root users, so I'd really like to be able to just run it as root instead (I'm only using the bot on my private server anyways).
1. Please don't revive a (very) old thread, just create a new one
2. Just use our official sinusbot docker image ^^
After you start that, our image drops the root permissions automatically ;)

Rerbun

Insider
Insider
1. Sorry for reviving the thread.

2. Does that also count for the Discord only version? I cloned the docker repository and ran "sudo docker-compose up" inside ./discord and it gave me the "The bot will not run as root-user." error.

Modifying the entrypoint.sh to add the parameter OP mentioned also didn't get rid of the error.