Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN Script told to stop but it's still running!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggy Doggo

Hey guys I am trying to create a few commands for my bot, the reason I am creating these manually is I don't want to give people full access and want to limit what they can do.

Now here is the script so far https://pastebin.com/mxg4nuqY

Now everything works fine, it identifies the blocked user groups, BUT it still runs the command even though the script is meant to stop with 'return;'

Any ideas?

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
because you are using two forEach ( functions({}). It will return out of the first forEach-function and will resume in the next forEach. If I understand you correctly and you meant that.

If you want to return out of the chat-event, just use the normal for-loops, that should be the easiest way I guess.

Alternatively you could return a flag into the first forEach, which indicates that you found a blocked user and also return out of that.. (somehow) but I'm not sure about that and it's a bit ugly I guess.

Doggy Doggo

I need both of the foreach, because there are potentially multiple configs for different usergroups.

It gets to the message and sends me that ( ev.client.chat(Extras.BlockedMsg); ) but it still goes into the else even though it shouldn't.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
but it still goes into the else even though it shouldn't.
Nope, it should do that ^^
As Diesmon already mentioned the return only exits the anonymous function once (so it practically does nothing) but still keeps iterating the following elements.

This would work for example: (but it's not very nice)
Code:
var hasGroup = false;
var blockMsg;

config.BlockedExtras.forEach(function(Extras) {
    ev.client.getServerGroups().forEach(function(group) {
      if (group.id() == Extras.BlockedID) {
         hasGroup = true;
         blockMsg = Extras.BlockedMsg;
      }
   });
});

if (hasGroup) {