• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

.sinusbot.lock could not be opened, but that file does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operating System: Linux
SinusBot Version: Latest
TS3 Version: 3.0.13

Problem Description
Sinusbot was working, but when my VPS shut down at midnight (scheduled) the bot broke, It wouldn't start up because ".sinusbot.lock could not be opened"

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
THE FILE DOES NOT EXIST FFS
No need to shout... we do not have magic crystal glass balls over here, not yet.
We can't take a look into your server.
I also asked if this was the full error message or not, because normally it shows the full path, like in the FAQ example.

No need to shout... we do not have magic crystal glass balls over here, not yet.
We can't take a look into your server.
I also asked if this was the full error message or not, because normally it shows the full path, like in the FAQ example.

Yeah, sorry It does show but my lazy ass didn't paste it in
"Could not open /tmp/.sinusbot.lock. Is SinusBot already running?"

Diesmon

Tuetchen Dominator
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
So did you actually tried to remove it and it gave you an error? Or did you just locked into the directory, didn't saw it and started to shout?
Because its a hidden .file and not visibly with the normal ls command or a server-filebrowser

Status
Not open for further replies.