• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadassOverlord

Donor
is awesome!
Hello,

To start off, here is the error:

Timeout for http://127.0.0.1:8087/api/v1/ytdl?u...7aff1401d46e635b5e046bb8597a47153519b45d8a731 retrying

Basically this only happens with songs I added through youtube-dl playlist downloading feature. The URL changes depending on the song. What happens is near the end of the song, the bot will stop, and restart the song after a couple songs. This happens occasionally, like once every six songs or so.

Version: 0.9.9-4965f0f

Hardware Specs: Using a Virtual Machine. It has 1gb of ram and a single core for processing. My main PC is an i7 4790k, 24GB 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, 250GB & 512GB SSDs (this is where the VM program is installed, 1TB Harddive (this is where the VM is stored), 2 GTX 780Ti in SLI, 1000W Power Supply, ASUS Z87 PRO MotherBoard, and I don't think my case or CPU cooling really matter.

Browser: Google Chrome

Plugins: NextTrack Please!

Config.ini:

ListenPort = 8087
ListenHost = "0.0.0.0"
TS3Path = "/home/sinusbot/SinusBot/TeamSpeak3-Client-linux_amd64/ts3client_linux_amd64"
YoutubeDLPath = "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl"

I didn't have loglevel = 10 in my config at the time, but I will wait for it to happen again and will post the error again.

EDIT: No new information with LogLeven 10, still same error.

Last edited:

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Checking signature
If you want, you can check the signature of youtube-dl:
Code:
sudo wget https://yt-dl.org/downloads/2015.07.07/youtube-dl.sig -O youtube-dl.sig
gpg --verify youtube-dl.sig /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl
rm youtube-dl.sig

I think this should help you :)

BadassOverlord

Donor
is awesome!
I think this should help you :)
Alright, thanks for the reply.

So basically what happened was I read this, and checked the signature. The result was this:
gpg: Signature made Tue 07 Jul 2015 01:37:59 AM PDT using RSA key ID A4826A18
gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found

So then I googled it and I came upon this thread:
https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/issues/701

I did what it says, and it still gave me the same thing.

So then I typed this command in terminal:
gpg --recv A4826A18
gpg --lsign-key A4826A18

And now when I do
gpg --verify youtube-dl.sig /usr/local/bin/youtube-dl
in terminal, I get this:

gpg: Signature made Tue 07 Jul 2015 01:37:59 AM PDT using RSA key ID A4826A18
gpg: BAD signature from "Philipp Hagemeister <[email protected]>"

Basically, I fucked up. I'm really new to Linux (it's my first time using it, and the only reason I installed it onto a VM was to use the playlist import functionality of the latest beta, which is only available on Linux).

Any ideas?

Thanks

BadassOverlord

Donor
is awesome!
First I followed the guide on these forums, and it worked. Then after I got the timeout error I installed using pip (i thought i hadn't installed properly). I also installed with apt-get.

I first installed with the guide
then with pip
and finally with apt-get

Yeah I'm fucking stupid.

BadassOverlord

Donor
is awesome!
Sorry for extremely late reply. I was really busy this week and didn't get a chance to respond. So I tried the command you posted, but to no avail. It didn't work. I had a timeout error 3 times in a row on the same song. If left alone, it'll keep replaying the song and cutting off just before the end in an infinite loop. I have to manually skip or queue up a song.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.