• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Website Wont show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuckFoi

I get an error message when i try to connect to your website to start the bot.
Screenshot_2.png
3ll35t2h5

Chris100184

Did you install sinusbot on your computer, or on a vps? if it's a vps could you also tell me which version? ( Ubuntu/Debian/ArchLinux/Windows.

Chris100184

- Since i see no cmd window in your taskbar, i'm going to guess that you're using a VPS service. In that case you're trying to connect to the wrong IP. 127.0.0.1 is your localhost. it wont be using that IP unless you're running it from your own computer. If that is the case, then i believe you must have the sinusbot.exe running, or else it wont be working. It could also be your firewall blocking something, so try turning that off while testing. Could also be worth trying to run the executable as admin (sinusbot.exe) or whatever it's called.

- Could also be worth investing in a vps. you can get those rather cheap. 4 - $5 a month. I would recommend a Ubuntu 14.04 Server (64-bit version)

Last edited:

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
Just to mention it: You need to let Sinusbot.exe running to be able to use the Sinusbot. If you close/cancel the Sinusbot process, the bot isn't running anymore.
When just a black window pops up for couple of seconds when you're launching the Sinusbot.exe, then something is wrong. Execute the exe-file within a cmd.exe window to see why the bot doesn't want to start.

Anyway, support for Windows-version is quite limited, because the version is quite old. Also the development of the Windows-version is currently something like stopped (there will be no new version in the near future).

I would recommend a Ubuntu 15.04 Server (64-bit version)

15.04 isn't really recommended for a productive server, as it's not LTS.
I would rather recommend 14.04 LTS or the upcoming 16.04 LTS (should be released in April).

Chris100184

15.04 isn't really recommended for a productive server, as it's not LTS.
I would rather recommend 14.04 LTS or the upcoming 16.04 LTS (should be released in April).

I thought ubuntu server 14.04 was LTS. but that could just be me. Still fairly new in linux/ubuntu.

Patschi

Head of troll department / Xuxe dominator
Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Insider
14.04 is LTS, correct; but you wrote 15.04 in your post above :D

Status
Not open for further replies.