• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Weird Sound(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Thats something strange.
I've never heard of an problem before where the configuration is not written.

Can you try a complete reinstall of the 0.9.9 ?

Ashley

Thats something strange.
I've never heard of an problem before where the configuration is not written.

Can you try a complete reinstall of the 0.9.9 ?

Okay. So i just reinstalled it. Again. After a reboot(or 5) it updated the config. I have NO idea what was wrong but it seems to be working.

I still here the weird sounds some times but it seems to not be every song & its not always in the same place. If i replay a song the weird sounds might be in a different place so i think it might be something to do with what @flyth said in his post

I don't think the logs will help in this case as well. Are you using the most recent version? That version got a fix for a bug that caused some files with variable bitrates to sound odd / sped up and such.

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Okay,

You can try to downsize your SampleInterval (@config.ini) to 40 or lower.
But can not promise that it brings much or that it even brings something. It is a workaround on Windows for bad CPU timing (Never tested it on Linux).

Ashley

Okay,

You can try to downsize your SampleInterval (@config.ini) to 40 or lower.
But can not promise that it brings much or that it even brings something. It is a workaround on Windows for bad CPU timing (Never tested it on Linux).

Ok. I will do that now. Do i need to restart the bot for it to take effect? Also what does SampleInterval do?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Yes, every time while you change your config you need to restart.

Ashley

Yes, every time while you change your config you need to restart.

Okay. I have done it. It 'seems' to have lessened if not fixed it completely. I would also like to report a bug, kinda. @flyth EnableAloneMode = true does not work with radio stations.

update: i guess it does work. It just takes a minute or so to stop playing

Last edited:

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
update: i guess it does work. It just takes a minute or so to stop playing

This is a normal behavior. The bot waits 60 seconds, and then goes into alone mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.