• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved What would prevent SinusBot from connecting to a TeamSpeak server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildelark

Hi there,

I recently installed Sinusbot (0.9.8 - I'm running Windows 7), and spent about 10 minutes wracking my head to get it to connect to my friend's TeamSpeak3 server. Each time, I got this error code:

2016-01-25T05:04:21+00:00 Loaded
2016-01-25T05:04:26+00:00 Starting instance ts3server://(server)?port=9987&nickname=MusicBot&password=(password)&channel=&channelpassword=
2016-01-25T05:04:31+00:00 New connection status 1; Error 0
2016-01-25T05:04:36+00:00 New connection status 0; Error 1797
2016-01-25T05:04:36+00:00 The bot could not connect. This might have several reasons: the server doesn't exist at that address, the server password is wrong or the security level of your identity is too low.

Flicking through the FAQ/Forums, I tried a bunch of different things to get it working; disabling my firewall, re-installing Sinusbot, changing the name of the bot, making sure I'd typed the right server password, gave the bot a TS identity with a security level of 11, etc. etc.

Eventually, I tried changing the server that my Sinusbot was connecting to, and low and behold, it was able to connect to a different server... so I know the problem is not with Sinusbot or me running it, (hence the lack of additional information regarding specs) but rather the TeamSpeak server I want to connect it to.

The server in question is online and I am able to connect to it as usual.

So really, my problem/questions are:
What would prevent Sinusbot from being able to connect to a TeamSpeak server?
What questions might I need to ask to the TS owner in order to get it working?

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't find this specific problem on the FAQ, only information about error 1797.

Warm regards,
Sarah

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
You could try setting the log level to 11 and see if there is more info available from the client itself. Also, since you're running on Windows, you might be able to see the real error message shortly inside the client itself. Sometimes it tells more than it does in the log (sadly).

Two things you could check:
  • the identity you're using has been banned or used multiple times (are you maybe using the same one?)
  • the server doesn't allow more than one connection from the same IP-address (are you connected at the same time?)
I'll think of more reasons if those won't fit... :)

Wildelark

Thank you for your reply flyth!

You could try setting the log level to 11 and see if there is more info available from the client itself. Also, since you're running on Windows, you might be able to see the real error message shortly inside the client itself. Sometimes it tells more than it does in the log (sadly).

Two things you could check:
  • the identity you're using has been banned or used multiple times (are you maybe using the same one?)
  • the server doesn't allow more than one connection from the same IP-address (are you connected at the same time?)
I'll think of more reasons if those won't fit... :)

It's not an issue with the TS identity, I made sure I was using the default identity and sinusbot was using a new identity I created for it. I also thought it might be an issue with me being logged on at the same time, so I tried logging myself off and logging only Sinusbot in, but that also didn't work, as well as the fact that we were both (separately, and simultaneously - tried both) able to log into the second TeamSpeak I tried, just not the first (the server I usually use.)

Forgive me, how do I set the log level? :(

Not sure if these help, all info from the client is here too, minus TS server password.
The first server I'm trying to connect to has a password, the second one which works does not. I'm definite that I'm not typing the password wrong into the password field for the first one too.

Screenshots:
When trying to connect to the first server, that I'm having troubles connecting to.
mb1.png

Successfully connected to the other server, in channel, sinusbot working as intended.
mb2.png

o_O

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Does the server password by any chance contain nonalphanumeric characters? If so then maybe it's a bug with how the bot treats it. Could you temporarily remove the password and try if it works then?

Wildelark

Hi again flyth!

The teamspeak server owner kindly changed the server password server to "alpha" to test out if that was the problem.

No dice. :(

mb3.png

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
The Port (10020) needs to be entered in the Port-Field, the hostname then would be only nl-voice.fragnet.net
Sorry, didn't see it before.

Wildelark

Oh my gosh...
facepalm.gif~c200

I am so sorry flyth.

It is working perfectly now.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry again!
Sarah

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
No worries ;) Good to hear that it's working^^

Wildelark

Hi again flyth!

While I'm asking seemingly terribly obvious questions, where can I direct my friends to so they can upload their music to the bot too? I've made instances for my friends so they can command SinusBot through teamspeak chat, but I'm not sure where to direct them to so they can add their own music to it.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something blatantly clear again.

Warm regards,
Sarah

tumblr_myikz47rgj1s1z4ruo1_400.gif

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Hehe :)

You need to enable "port forwarding" (google it in combination with the name of your internet router, there's no generic solution to this) to your computer on port 8087. Afterwards you have to give your public IP address to your friends and they have to enter http://yourpublicipaddress:8087 in their browser.

Wildelark

Ah, experienced this one with Minecraft in the past, got it down!

Thank you again for all your help, I'd be lost hopelessly lost without you.

Also a big thank you from my guildies in The Order of Lag (Guild Wars 2), we're loving SinusBot. <3

Warm regards,
Sarah and The Order of Lag

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Great ;) Have fun with the bot and thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.