• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Youtube-dl error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Paste it in the config.ini to the YouTubeDlPath
Code:
/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Down
1st step
Code:
apt-get install python-pip && pip install youtube-dl --upgrade
2nd. step
Set the path in the config
Code:
YouTubeDLPath = "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl"

ixcesal

I see small problem, when default radio playing.

!yt stop radio and play song
!qyt don't play song, but queued it

Problem is, when queue is played, !yt stop play actually song, and play new one.

Will be good use only !qyt, but !qyt need stop default radio stream and play song, next !qyt will queue...

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Radio streams play constantly, using !qyt makes no sense as it will only play after the radio station ends which that won't happen. That is why you must use !yt. Or to be more complicated, use !qyt, then !next.

Inertius

I recently just set up SinusBot, and it has been working great. It has really streamlined many processes and has made my VAC Winamp system obsolete, except for one feature. The !ytdl command successfully downloads and stores the audio file, but does not store any information of its track length nor its progress through a track. Strangely enough, this problem is exclusive to the api, and not the file itself, as opening the files locally in VLCMP showed this information just fine. Also, the standard !yt command tracks progress as it would any standard audio file. Is there any fix to this?
EDIT: I am on a Windows 10 Home device (if this matters.)

Last edited:

Lazereth

+1

This happens to me as well. Oddly it sometimes works correctly on the rare video but otherwise the .info.json file that contains the metadata is empty. Running youtube-dl through the commandline works flawlessly and the metadata is generated correctly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.