• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

YouTube-DL - Stop CMD Window Popup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Shae

Hello,

I am currently using SinusBot 0.9.13-3609644 for Windows 10. I've setup YouTube-DL correctly, it's all fully functional and all, the only issue I'm having is everytime someone uses the !yt command, the YouTube-DL CMD window pops up and then goes away.

I was just wondering if there's a possible way to make it not pop up like it used to on the previous versions of SinusBot.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

warren

I was going to ask a similar question but was also wondering if this is normal,

I'm not sure how youtube-dl.exe is meant to work as this is my first time using SinusBot, but is it normal that it open a new instance of the youtube-dl.exe either when someone requests a new song or its just left to play through a playlist? Normally it will open a new instance then close the last one automatically but sometimes there is more than 5-10 instances left open on the desktop and each instance of youtube-dl.exe uses like 20mb of memory which starts to add up. So just wondering if that is normal?

SinusBot 0.9.13-3609644 on Windows Server 2012 R2.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
After the song is downloaded the pop-up should close. If there are multiple instances of youtube-dl showing, then it might be from multiple songs being downloaded. If they're staying there for quite a while, then either it's downloading slow or something's wrong.

Try to play/queue 5 different songs from YouTube at the same time and see if it occurs. Then do it song by song (waiting until the popup closes).

Status
Not open for further replies.