Finally, 2.0 is out! It took a lot of time as I was really busy with work and study, and had a really poor time to dedicate to SinusBot. As it is a thing now, version 2.0 aims to add the most requested features on GitHub and here on the Forums, such as AntiBypass and a new Whitelist system.
I just noticed we passed 1100 downloads, that's awesome. In these days I noticed a huge increment of requests through my API, this means the project is becoming used globally (wow).
I want to remember that if you want to contribute and supporting the costs I have monthly (over 80 euros excluding some things), you can consider donating and, by doing that, you'll receive unlimited API requests per hour!
- Added support for API key directly in the configuration. Those who supported the project with a donation got a key that allows them to remove the limitation of 150 queries per hour that now has to be inserted in the config through the web-interface.
- Added !antiproxy whitelist <ipaddress> command: This will temporarily whitelist the specified IP unless the bot restarts.
- Added a new Whitelist system: it supports both IP addresses and Group IDs. You can choose if check only specific groups (inverted mode) or whitelist the selected ones (normal mode).
- Added AntiBypass check: This will block bypassers that use external programs to fake/hide their IP address.
- Fixed client URLs not showing correctly in the chat
- Other changes I forgot...
- All the reported IP addresses were re-scanned and the detection is now more accurate.
- Updated the data sources (databases with all IP addresses information that is used to determine if an address is a proxy or not)
- Improved the scan methods that are used to accurately detect if an address is a proxy or not
- Code and DB enhancements that resulted in 10% less load in the servers.
This is an update post regarding my biggest project here in SinusBot community (not in my developer life tho ).
First of all, I want to thank everybody that is using the script and everyone that contributed by reporting issues and suggesting new features on GitHub (link at the bottom of the presentation page). After my gratitude, I want to give you updates on what happened and what is going to happen in the next days: The API has changed a lot and it is now a complete and compatible system to detect 99% of the proxies mainly related to TeamSpeak 3 servers. Let me give you some numbers:
After saying this, I have to tell you that currently, the max requests per hour limit has been enforced to 150 (before it was written 150, but I actually set it to 500) as the API is now stable. In addition to this, I want to really thank everybody who purchased an API key with a donation that will support my project and what I am offering for free to everyone, but, as the user base is expanding, I can't guarantee that this service could be offered for free in a near future, all depends on your donations and my monthly earnings (from my work), so please, if you love and use my script and you have the possibility, make a donation (also a small one), it will be appreciated by me and other users that are using AntiProxy (paypal: [email protected]).
- More than 100.000 new proxies detected/checked or queried after release
- More than 800 servers (approx.) used my service, thanks!
- 96% of the queries resulted in a clean IP.
In the end, version 2.0 of the script with a lot of new features you suggested is coming soon, some of them are:
Thanks for your time, and if you reached this point, smash the like button below
- New whitelist and blacklist system
- Add server group as a punishment for detected users
- Ignore people with a specific server group
- Range/ASN whitelist/blacklist (maybe in future releases)
If you will find some inconsistency in the API detection, please report them instead of adding to your local whitelist!
- Added new punishment mode to only notify admins on detection (no kick/ban or other).
- Added new punishment mode to send a chat message to the client.
- Edited the notification message sent to admins, it now includes a link to the client identity, the total amount of connections and creation time (useful to see if it's a spammer or a trustable user).
- The notification of user checking (!antiproxy checkall) is now sent before checking all clients, not after.
- Scanned new IP ranges to avoid false detections (more than 800 IPs, 0.01%)
- The API is now balancing better the load between the 2 master servers.
- Added IPv6 basilar support (the API supports IPv6 but the detection is not 100% complete, not all proxies are detected).
The script is finally out of beta. If you encounter bugs or you want to suggest new features please do this on GitHub.
Honest reviews (that will not include bug reports) are accepted
- Added a new IP whitelist system (if you encounter bugs or false detections you should use it and then report the issue to me). @Lightning
- Fixed errors when performing punishments if some variables in the config were undefined. @solding
- Fixed a minor debug message that could be sent in wrong situations.
- Other minor changes (see GitHub).