• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

API Minimum Out of Date Error

bdog39

A new update for the TS3 client just came out today and I just downloaded it. I read through the changelog and noticed the NOW, current minimum API accepted by the client is now 23 (it was 21), this now renders the 1.1b version of the soundboard out of use as it uses API 21. Just thought I'd bring this to the attention of the support group. I really enjoy using this program and would hate to have to stop or switch to another just because the API configuration is 2 points low. Anyone that can pass this on to the developer/developers or bring their attention here would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

bdog39

Thanks for the reply and for the alternative plugin as well, I appreciate it.

No worries if @flyth is unable to update the service quickly, I like his work and would like to continue using it. I just wanted to make sure the word was out that the API was out of date and needed to be updated at some point, if the program is of course still being updated.

bdog39

As far as I know, the API is still out of date with the latest version of TS3. Last I checked it was 21 and the current minimum acceptable by TS is 23

Meldric

That is what I know. I am not sure what is actually necessary to do to make the plugin work again (I assume a recompile?), so I guess the author is either not aware of this or the plugin was abandoned. I do not hope it was abandoned, because the alternative that was mentioned in this thread misses a vital feature (and that makes it unusable to me).
Is there anything I could do in assistance?
Hope to hear from you!

bdog39

I agree with @TwentyFour that the best thing to do would be to contact @flyth. I, like you @Meldric, am just a user of this plugin and have used it faithfully for over three years. The alternative that was proposed does not contain any of the features I utilized in this plugin and therefore I have been without service now since my original post. I know nothing of the technical stuff behind the API number but I do hope that a fix is quick and easy. Keep us posted here!

Meldric

I contacted him here. I am not using Discord out of principle, so I hope he sees the message here as well.

Meldric

No response yet. That is really a shame. I would opt for having the code on github or something so that someone else could jump in and compile a new version. Otherwise, the plugin is doomed sooner or later...
:-(

I'm with you guys and in need of an update. Personally, I think this plugin is hands down, the best ever! The "other plugin" is good but Michael Friese's is GREAT! What I love about this plugin that the other does not have, is the ability to be able to add as many files as you wish into a playlist and it would play each file one after another. Plus, we were able to manually scroll through every file to play the exact parts we want to hear and skip the parts you did not want to hear! For me, those two features are what make this plugin the absolute best! I miss not having this plugin just about everyday.

Please Michael Friese,, if you happen to see this, please issue an update so we can continue to use and appreciate this amazing plugin!

Thank You!

Koda

Meldric

The main feature that is missing from the other plugin (which I am using as well), is that I need to mix background music with overlaying samples. That does not work with the other plugin, the distinction between "music" and "sound" is only available with this precious plugin here... I am depending on this for my roleplay events and I would like to avoid reverting my Teamspeak version back to an older one in order to get this back, because that is obviously only a temporary valid solution...

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
I'll take a look at it this weekend. I did not expect that the plugin was still being used that much :)

I'm not sure how big the changes are, so I won't promise anything else, yet.

I did not expect that the plugin was still being used that much :)

Are you kidding? Your plugin is so awesome! It works great! You gave the option to to be able to freely scroll through the songs! Yours allows to add multiple files into a playlist! Yours have seperate volume sliders to adjust the volume of what I hear and what "they" hear! Seriously, TS3Soundboard is GREAT! You gave perfect instructions on how to set it up. Heck, even a full, easy to follow video showing how to set it up step by step! Great job Michael! Not being able to use it for a few months now has really sucked! Every time I play a song for my friends on my TS server someone always asks me "How did you do that?" Because, everyone that doesn't have TS3SoundBoard has to put their mic up close to their speaker to play something for us which ALWAYS sounds like a cat getting skinned or something for us.

This month I am a "broke hoe" but as soon as I can I am going to donate you a few bucks for your work. It is worth it and you deserve it. I also encourage you other guys asking for an update to consider a donation to him as well. It does not need to be anything big, just whatever you can spare. No doubt Michael would really appreciate it. He gave us this awesome plugin for free. He deserves some "love" in return.

gadu

Hello,

I use Soundboard and it impossible to find better plug in (I use loop function and no plug in do that). is this plug in going to be updated ?

Thanks