• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Discord and bot licences

MasterCevin

Thank you for your fast Answer.
No problem here, it was just a general question, nothing very important.
I still use the 2 available instances and I am happy to even have any Discord support for Sinusbot. :)
Of course would it be nice to have more than 2 Bots but its enough for me and i love all the features and how easy it is to set up a bot.:)
See you next time 😉

glasses21

Exactly, there are no updates yet. Although I do hope that there will be because I also want more Sinusbots on my Discord Server! Hope there will be a change soon.
Greetings

akkari

Hello, I was wondering this as well. What is the technical explanation for this?

In my opinion, just saying "SinusBot is primarily a TeamSpeak product" is a very weak statement, when the software already supports it and global TeamSpeak usage (sadly) is on a steady decline.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Hello, I was wondering this as well. What is the technical explanation for this?

In my opinion, just saying "SinusBot is primarily a TeamSpeak product" is a very weak statement, when the software already supports it and global TeamSpeak usage (sadly) is on a steady decline.
The technical explanation is: it needs a lot of changes in the frontend to do add "support" for it, since the licensed instances are automatically added and default to TS as backend. I've been planning for quite some time now to completely redo the frontend, so doing a lot of work on the old interface doesn't make much sense.
However, I haven't found the time and guts to do it, yet.

The license does not enforce TS as a backend, though - so for the technically versed there's a way to change the additional instances to use discord (hint: sqlite). Maybe I should write a tutorial on how to do it for the time being, but the method is hacky and will be unsupported and "on your own risk" (which is why the FAQ etc still state "no licenses for Discord"). :)

akkari

Hey @flyth, thank you for the detailed information.

I think this helps some other people and me out.

I may look into it myself too.