• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Bug [Discord] No music.

Hello,

Since yesterday (15/10/2019) evening, my bot (nor any of my friends' bots) does not play music in Discord anymore.
I can add him to the voice-channel, but he just sits there without his microphone popping up.

Sinusbot Version: 1.0.0-beta.3-735814e
TSClient and Server version: Discord
Hardware:
  1. CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz
  2. RAM: 8GB
Loglevel: 11 (Attached file: Sinusbot_Log.txt)
Config: (Attached file: config.zip)
Used browser (only if relevant): Should not be relevant.
Other mentionables:
  • Windows is up-to-date.
  • I control my bot exclusively through its web-interface.

I have used this bot successfully for the last half-year until at least 14/10/2019. I have always used playlists to run music (No Youtube).
As mentioned before, this issue does not only pertain to me, but also to my friends:
  • They also use Sinusbot.
  • They have been able to successfully use their bots on 10/10/2019.

Attachments

• Sinusbot_Log.txt
    39.3 KB · Views: 16
  • config.zip
    891 bytes · Views: 13

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
(edited; removed my old response because it was incorrect)
For anyone that is affected by not being able to play sound on Discord with the SinusBot, read the following.

For Windows Users:
This is fixed in the latest insider versions. Update to SinusBot beta.10 (or newer, if available).

For Linux Users:
This is fixed in the
latest versions. Update to SinusBot beta.5 beta.10 (or newer, if available).
https://sinusbot.github.io/docs/installation/linux/#update-the-sinusbot

What is the technical explanation for this?

Discord changed how bots need to connect to the Voice API.

Are you guys locking out users on purpose?
No. Why would we?
(someone actually claimed that, wtf?!)

Last edited:

Clowder

:( I have the same problem. Nothing has worked so far and I have reinstalled sinusbot, made a new instance, removed and readded the bot, changed the server region, rebooted my pc, disabled my firewall... It just sits there in vc but stays silent.

Things we've tried thus far:
  • Tried a completely new bot on a different server;
  • Tried a completely new bot on our current server;
  • Switching the server location;
None of those have solved the issue thus far. I assume that the issue lies with Discord, considering @psocix managed to get it to work on TS3.

According to this article, several websites have decided to limit access to music hosted on their platform. My music is stored locally, so this shouldn't normally be an issue. Also, the date on which Discord became aware of this issue, and the date upon which this issue first appeared (for me personally) do not seem to match up, so this should not be an issue either.

The article provided by @irgendwr seems to provide network-level solutions, but i don't think they pertain to the issue at hand, considering my personal discord account still functions correctly. If it were to be a network-level issue, i'd think my account would also be affected.

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Edit for people being directed here: READ MY MESSAGE ABOVE: https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/discord-no-music.7404/#post-42511

This might be sinusbot related after all.
The Windows version is still at beta.3 which does not include a fix for this change in discords voice api. It was fixed in SinusBot beta.4 and later but there is no windows build available yet.

Last edited:

Clowder

This might be sinusbot related after all.
The Windows version is still at beta.3 which does not include a fix for this change in discords voice api. It was fixed in SinusBot beta.4 and later but there is no windows build available yet.

Soo... Is there anything we can do meanwhile? Any workarounds?

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Last edited:

Clowder

Welp. I set up the bot using a linux VM but still no luck. Also made another discord application + bot to see if that was the cause.. used a vpn.. used combinations of linux + new bot + vpn.. I don't know what else I can do :(

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Edit for people being directed here: READ MY MESSAGE ABOVE: https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/discord-no-music.7404/#post-42511

Welp. I set up the bot using a linux VM but still no luck.
Hello, after some tests, I confirm that, whatever the platform, bots no longer work on Discord. Debian 8, Debian 9 and Windows.
Saying this doesn't help when you don't mention what version you're using.
beta.3 on linux will obviously not work for the same reason it doesn't work on windows.

It definitely works for me and others using beta.5 or later on linux.

Last edited:

Clowder

Thank you, now that I use the beta 5 version it works without any problems. I hope we can get the beta 4 windows version soon though..

Kir-à

Helping Hand
is awesome!
Contributor
The problem is actually know on Discord. I'll explain quickly.

First, you probably heard what happened for ALL huge music bots, but if not, i'll explain:

YouTube/Music currently not working on ALL Music Bots
All music bots have been hit by another YouTube change which is causing recaptchas on all bots. Rythm (The Biggest Music Bot on Discord) is not the only one impacted by this, as all major music bots are currently being affected.

This can be something really dangerous for ALL the music bots, if no solutions are found. For my case, there's still other features than music, so that's okay.

If it works, you are lucky. Otherwise may the Odds be ever in your favour.

I hope this helps.

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider

YouTube/Music currently not working on ALL Music Bots
The issue in this thread has nothing do do with youtube actually, that is something separate that has nothing to do with the SinusBot itself.
For the issue of this thread ("no sound on discord"), see my post above with an explanation:
In SinusBot beta.5 and newer this problem no longer exists.
An update for the windows version is being tested right now and will hopefully be released in the next days or so.

Last edited:

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Good news windows users: The discord sound issue is fixed in beta.8, check it out here:
https://forum.sinusbot.com/resources/internal-windows-beta-64bit.150/updates#resource-update-1310

Note: The update is missing the default sinusbot commands, follow the instructions below to fix this:
  1. Stop/Close SinusBot
  2. Download "sinusbot-commands.js" into your Script folder (default is C:/SinusBot/scripts): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/SinusBot/scripts/master/default-attached/sinusbot-commands.js
  3. Download "command.js" into your Script folder (default is C:/SinusBot/scripts): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Multivit4min/Sinusbot-Command/master/command.js
  4. Be sure to save both as ".js" files and NOT as ".txt", otherwise it will not work.
  5. Restart the SinusBot.

cc @Burritobizon @Clowder @Razortide and others :)

Last edited: