• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature Download while adding youtube playlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

yurtesen

From the web interface. I can't tell which files were uploaded and which files are links which gets downloaded at every play. It would be nice to be able to distinguish them.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to convert a link into a file, vice versa. For example I may want to download and use the local copy so I won't download the same file again and again. Could this be introduced as a feature?

Also, when adding a youtube playlist, there is no option to download all the items in the playlist, it keeps re-downloading them again and again everytime a playlist is played. At least allowing a full download once would be nice.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
From the web interface. I can't tell which files were uploaded and which files are links which gets downloaded at every play. It would be nice to be able to distinguish them.
Agreed.

In addition, it would be nice to be able to convert a link into a file, vice versa. For example I may want to download and use the local copy so I won't download the same file again and again.
That's rather difficult, but I will think about it.

Also, when adding a youtube playlist, there is no option to download all the items in the playlist, it keeps re-downloading them again and again everytime a playlist is played. At least allowing a full download once would be nice.
To be honest, I think this is a bad idea. There are limits the downloader would run into pretty fast. However, there is a cache option in the config file that temporarily stores the files so they don't get redownloaded every time. It's just not yet a feature for everyone as you'd have to clean up the cache by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.