• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Tutorial MEDIUM | Access to the bot interface | Port Forwarding & Changing ports to allow access to the UI

What would you like to know next?

• Other tutorials (Post in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGTGamer

Donor
is awesome!

### English ###

Hey guys, as promised, in this tutorial I'm going to briefly explain how to port forward your bot to allow other users to access it's UI. I will also teach you how to change your port, if you already use it for something else, or want something easier to remember.

Please note that everyone will have different steps dependent on your router. If you get confused or can't find something, please check your router's manual.

The following are really simple explinations on how to access and change your listening port, and therefore your UI Port.
Go to your install directory, default is something like c:\Sinusbot\
Find your config.ini, open in a text editor (e.g. Notepad) and change the following line:
Code:
ListenPort = 8087
Once this is changed, you will need to update all port forwarding to recognize the new port
To Change your listening port, do the following:
Code:
cd /home/sinusbot
nano config.ini
You should then have the option to change the following:
Code:
ListenPort = 8087
Close the editor (Ctrl+O, Enter, Ctrl+X)
Once this is changed, you will need to update all port forwarding to recognize the new port
-- This Tutorial is designed for windows 10

Pre-requisites/Required
  • User Manual for your Router
  • Administrative access for computer
  • Administrative access for router
  • Knowledge of your IP local Address
    1. Click on the Start menu and type cmd. When you see the cmd applications in Start menu panel, click it or just press enter.
    2. A command line window will open. Type ipconfig and press enter.
    3. You'll see a bunch of information, but the line you want to look for is "IPv4 Address."
  • Sinusbot listen port number
    By Default, this should be 8087, if you have changed this, it is found within your config.ini:
    Code:
    ListenPort = 8087
Port Forwarding is simple with window. You'll find many Tutorials online, but i'm going to show you how to do it specially for Sinusbot.

Step one - Windows firewall
First of all, you shall need to launch into your firewall settings. To do this,t he fastest way is by pressing the Windows key + R and typing wf.msc at the Run window, or you can go Control pannel > System and Security > Windows Firewall > Advanced Settings

advanced_firewall.png

Click on your inbound rules, on the right hands side, you should get the option to create a New rule. Click it and it will open up the Wizard

advanced_firewall_opened.png

Select Port, and click next. On the next page, it will ask what type of port and the port number. This bot is using TCP ports, so select TCP, then put your port (default 8087) in the specific local ports section. Hit next, The next page will ask what type of connection you want, Leave that as the default for your pc, it will then ask when to apply the rule, insure all are active (Domain, Private, Public).

adding_new_port.png

Name your rule, I would suggest "Sinusbot" for simplistic finding in the future.

Step two - Router Services
Most routers are different, so please check your manual to find the following services.

Go to your router settings on 192.168.0.1

sky_hub_router_admin.png

You need to find your services section, it should look similar to the picture below (probably less ports open), Click the "add Custom service" (or simular) option

Services.jpg

Give your service a easy to remember name (e.g. Sinusbot), once again, you want to select the type TCP and then specify the port (default is 8087) for both the start and finish ports

Service%20-%20Add%20Custom%20Service.jpg

Save this, and head over to your Firewall settings on your router. Fill in each of the section with the following:
Code:
Service: <Service name you just made>
Action: ALLOW Always
Send to LAN server: <Your local ip address>
WAN Users: Any
Start: (leave blank)
Finish: (leave blank)
log: (this is up to you, I always log)

Firewall.jpg
(this bit may need some correcting, I didnt have access to my Vb at time of writing)​

#This tutorial is assuming that you are not running a instance of this bot from the host pc#
Pre-requisites/Required
  • User Manual for your Router
  • Administrative access for computer
  • Administrative access for router
  • Sinusbot listen port number
    By Default, this should be 8087, if you have changed this, it is found within your config.ini:
    To access this, do the following:
    Code:
    cd /home/sinusbot
    nano config.ini
    You should then have the option to change the following:
    Code:
    ListenPort = 8087

Step one - Finding / Setting your IP

First of all, ensure that your server is shut down. Go into your settings > Network
Go onto your second adapter and activate it, Choose a Bridged Networking from the drop down and select the network card from your Host PC which you plan on using.

Network_linux.png

Start up your Service, and login to your user.
Once logged in, you will need to do the following commands to find your internal IP:
Code:
ifconfig -a
You are looking for a IPv4 Address which looks like 192.168.**.**

{image to come}

Step two - Router Services
Most routers are different, so please check your manual to find the following services.

Go to your router settings on 192.168.0.1

sky_hub_router_admin.png

You need to find your services section, it should look similar to the picture below (probably less ports open), Click the "add Custom service" (or simular) option

Services.jpg

Give your service a easy to remember name (e.g. Sinusbot), once again, you want to select the type TCP and then specify the port (default is 8087) for both the start and finish ports

Service%20-%20Add%20Custom%20Service.jpg

Save this, and head over to your Firewall settings on your router. Fill in each of the section with the following:
Code:
Service: <Service name you just made>
Action: ALLOW Always
Send to LAN server: <Your local ip address>
WAN Users: Any
Start: (leave blank)
Finish: (leave blank)
log: (this is up to you, I always log)

Firewall.jpg

To connect to your user interface now you have port forwarded you can use your external Ip. This allows other users to also connect.

To find your external ip, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and send it to your friends with the port number you just opened!

Let me know if there are any corrections to be made, or if you want me to explain anything!

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I am running the Ubuntu Server on Virtual Box

Ok new issue, so on the windows version of the sinusbot I port forwarded fine, yet im having a bit of a issue with linux. So I just got it working I had to edit the interfaces file and add the following

Code:
# The secondary network interface
auto enp0s8
iface enp0s8 inet dhcp
(This was my issue earlier)

I had to do that because I wasn't seeing both of the Ipv4 address on ifconfig -a so basically now I have it working. I see the ipv4 192.168.X.XXX
But when I put that in with TCP as 8087 on my router it doesn't work (as in my friends can't go on it).

I give them my IP:8087 correct? Also do I have to edit my firewall? Thanks!

TGTGamer

Donor
is awesome!
Ok, Thanks for your reply @crazyian1000.

To answer your question im going to assume that your are portforwarding both and windows version and your linux version on the same computer. I am also going to assume that you have read my tutorial on how to set up Linux virtual box which can be found here.

Firstly, check your firewall has opened ports connecting to your virtual box server, also check that your using the correct port. If these are not the issue, please continue reading, else, stop and enjoy a cup of tea...

I believe that you may be forwarding to the same port multiple versions of the bot (e.g. windows and linux). This doesnt work. To fix this, its fairly simple. You just need to change the listening port to one of your versions. I would change the windows version, as its simpler to do. once again, open the new port, add it to your router firewall and check your computers firewall.

If you need any further assistance, let me know via this site or contact me through my support system.

TGT

Ok, Thanks for your reply @crazyian1000.

To answer your question im going to assume that your are portforwarding both and windows version and your linux version on the same computer. I am also going to assume that you have read my tutorial on how to set up Linux virtual box which can be found here.

Firstly, check your firewall has opened ports connecting to your virtual box server, also check that your using the correct port. If these are not the issue, please continue reading, else, stop and enjoy a cup of tea...

I believe that you may be forwarding to the same port multiple versions of the bot (e.g. windows and linux). This doesnt work. To fix this, its fairly simple. You just need to change the listening port to one of your versions. I would change the windows version, as its simpler to do. once again, open the new port, add it to your router firewall and check your computers firewall.

If you need any further assistance, let me know via this site or contact me through my support system.

TGT

Thank you so much, I changed the listening ports and it work perfectly! Your such a big help thanks so much! Also the good news is I might get a VPS soon so if I need any help I will know where to go! Thanks again dude!

Olof

Maybe you guys can help me out. I seem to have an issue with the port forwarding.
Outside of my internal network no one is able to reach the webinterface.

Currently running sinusbot on ubuntu on my own server at home.

I have checked the listening port in the config, it is configured and port forwarded at "8087"
(However I do not have any of those firewall options in my modem)

Any clue what the problem might be?

maxion12345

I portfowarded the ports and have inbound and outbound rules set for 8087 on the firewall. The config files host is 192.168.1.xxx I tried to change it to my IP and send my Ip + port to my friends to see if they can use the web interface, but they keep getting 'Website doesn't exist' errors. Pls help.

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
I portfowarded the ports and have inbound and outbound rules set for 8087 on the firewall. The config files host is 192.168.1.xxx I tried to change it to my IP and send my Ip + port to my friends to see if they can use the web interface, but they keep getting 'Website doesn't exist' errors. Pls help.
10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, 192.168.0.0/16 are local ip ranges. To find your public ip, a simple way is google searching "what's my ip?" and giving that ip to your friends.

maxion12345

10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12, 192.168.0.0/16 are local ip ranges. To find your public ip, a simple way is google searching "what's my ip?" and giving that ip to your friends.

So, all I have to do is give them my IP + port , and it should work? I have port fowarded the 192.168 local Ip with the ports 8087, but do I have to change the config file in any way? Also, my router doesn't have anywhere to make a service, or put it in the firewall. Halp?

EDIT:

Here, take a picture!
https://gyazo.com/9910afc038e141a145384833c2dfabbb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.