Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

No account users permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh Walkerden

I am wondering if users that don't have a registered can use commands like !yt <url>?

So to be clear, i'll give you an example. Bill joins the channel for the first time ever and wants to play a song, he doesn't have an account so he has no permissions. Is there anyway Bill can get permissions without doing command !register and have it all done automatically?

I want this as a open public music room. I know it could cause trouble but I have that under control.

Thanks!

kanalumaddela

Insider
Insider
Create a user called "Guest" on the web interface and associate the group id for the default group of a new person that joins. Set the perms and done

Example:
Bob joins server for the first time
Default server group is "Guest" with an ID of 7
In the web interface of SinusBot the group id associated with the "Guest" account is 7
Whatever perms are set for that account Bob has access to

You don't need to give the "Login" permission cause they don't need to log onto the web panel. You would have to give the "Playback" perm and that's it. I can't remember whether or not 0.9.8 has the ability to use a server group id, but I currently use it for the linux beta

EDIT: after reading this https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/cant-bind-guest-users-to-a-specific-id.1003/#post-6329
it seems using the default guest group doesn't work, so you would probably have to assign everyone a specific group, or just give them the ability to add themselves to the group

Josh Walkerden

Thank you for your response!

Like the other posts says, binding doesn't seem to work. I have tried and can confirm it doesn't work.
I guess we'll have to wait for a fix.

Cheers!

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
EDIT: after reading this https://forum.sinusbot.com/threads/cant-bind-guest-users-to-a-specific-id.1003/#post-6329
it seems using the default guest group doesn't work, so you would probably have to assign everyone a specific group, or just give them the ability to add themselves to the group
Like the other posts says, binding doesn't seem to work. I have tried and can confirm it doesn't work.
I guess we'll have to wait for a fix.
Theoretically it should work, but as said in other threads there is currently en issue which isn't solved yet, which makes this feature unusable with the default group... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.