• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Older versions of sinusbot

zmechu

Contributor
Hello!
Simple question: is there a way to download older (<0.14) version of sinusbot? Have problem with newer versions (including alpha) and looking working, older one :)

Thank you!

zmechu

Contributor
Did you try alpha 6? The release contained a few bug/crash fixes.

Older versions then 0.14 are not going to solve anything. That's a bad way of looking at this ^^

This. +1

Yep. Checked all available versions, beta, alpha and so on...

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
I'm pretty sure this error only occurs on 0.14 ("current stable version"), though having seen ppl fixing it by change sort of the MODAL welcome message on TS.
I had those crashes as well on the alpha5, alpha6 fixed it. The crash is prolly caused by some interaction with a script. Have you tried out, whether a "blank" bot with just basic scripts also crashes?

And downgrade is rarely a good and permanent solution, especially since you want to run your bot in a productive environment.

Better fix the problem, rather than downgrading.
And to fix it, you need to find it. What you're trying to do, is to avoid the problem from happening. You really should pinpoint it down to prolly a malicious script you're using.

zmechu

Contributor
I'm pretty sure this error only occurs on 0.14 ("current stable version"), though having seen ppl fixing it by change sort of the MODAL welcome message on TS.

I had those crashes as well on the alpha5, alpha6 fixed it. The crash is prolly caused by some interaction with a script. Have you tried out, whether a "blank" bot with just basic scripts also crashes?

The main problem is that sinusbot crashing after clean also, with current stable and alpha version.

In my opinion there is a problem with sinusbot - whatever sctipt do, it shouldn't end with main program (=sinusbot) crash :)

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
But if a clean installed bot on 1.0, and even the long time released and used 0.14 would crash frequently, there would be more people complaining about it here.
So I assume, it must be something special on your side, that's why I'm betting on a faulty script or sth else.

Yeah pretty right, that a script shouldn't crash the whole bot. But how should someone fix something, when the cause is unknown? There is no test or way to guarantee a program being 100% free of bugs.

But I fear, you need to waiting for the main devs responding, so they can guide you to deliever the needed information to be able to create a fix.

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
The main problem is that sinusbot crashing after clean also, with current stable and alpha version
That 0.14 w/ TS crashes since January this year is known, that issue was fixed in the alpha.
The current alpha should not crash on it's own (so without scripts).
With scripts there still is a bug that needs to be fixed but this only affects a few scripts, most scripts are working fine.

In my opinion there is a problem with sinusbot - whatever sctipt do, it shouldn't end with main program (=sinusbot) crash :)
Yes, of course that's a bug and flyth will look into it. That's why it's an alpha release.
Other than a few bugs that need to be fixed, most of the things are running without any issues.

I'm betting on a faulty script or sth else
Yes, the cause of the crash he posted is a script. But that's a bug in the new scripting engine and not the script's fault.

zmechu

Contributor
OK, thanks for a reply. In any case I can give an access to my sinusbot instance for investigation :) Feel free to contact me.

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
OK, thanks for a reply. In any case I can give an access to my sinusbot instance for investigation :) Feel free to contact me.
If you get a chrash *without* any scripts in the scripts folder while using the most recent alpha 6 then please post a full log with the error message & the output from the debug script.
If you only experience a crash with the two scripts you mentioned at the beginning then you already posted enough details. Flyth said that he'll be working on that.

zmechu

Contributor
In my bot there is second option - sinusbot crashes with scripts. Waiting for new version, thanks! :)

olokos

Insider
Insider
The main problem is that sinusbot crashing after clean also, with current stable and alpha version.

I understand your logic, but let me explain it to you.
Lets say sinusbot is a car and scripts are things running inside of the car

If you put a USB charger into the charging socket it will work just right.
But if you throw a nitroglycerin bottle and drive your car around some bumps, it will explode and ruin your car.

Think of USB Charger as a script doing simple work and about the bottle as about a script that isn't well coded.

I'm not referring to any particular script here, just general idea

I might have overexaggerated those scenarios a bit, but that should help you understand what could be going on here :p

If you run a script designed for pre-alpha on alpha sinusbot - you're going to have a bad time, most of the time at least, no explosions of course. :D

It's best to stick to the latest alpha (alpha 6 right now)
It is really the most stable and efficient version of the Sinusbot to-date.

zmechu

Contributor
I understand your logic, but let me explain it to you.
Lets say sinusbot is a car and scripts are things running inside of the car

If you put a USB charger into the charging socket it will work just right.
But if you throw a nitroglycerin bottle and drive your car around some bumps, it will explode and ruin your car.

Think of USB Charger as a script doing simple work and about the bottle as about a script that isn't well coded.

Nice trick :)
But to be serious - you're not right :) I'm not using any kind of "nitroglicerin bottle" - all I do is recommendation.
1. Current version doesn't respond to chat commands.
2. Well, use new beta
3. Not working
4. Well, use alpha
5. Not working

I didn't put into USB charger anything recommended here :)

olokos

Insider
Insider
There's no trick here, I just made up a scenario to explain how it works.
Throwing a pre-alpha script in alpha sinusbot can be compared to the bottle in the car.

1. It does
2. What new beta? I haven't seen any
3. ?
4. Exactly my point
5. You might have done something wrong setting it up then.

TwentyFour

BinusSot Junkie
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
Rather compare it with curing a disease. Patients A, B and C are sick.

Medicine A given to all patients. -> Just patient A gets well.
Medicine B given to patients B and C. -> Both still sick.
Medicine C given to both patients again. -> Patient C is now well.

So in that case, you are the unlucky poor patient B, who tried all medicine A-C, but is still sick. So you need to wait, until someone comes with medicine D.
But this doesn't mean, medicine A-C is totally useless, just because it did not help you.

Just patiently wait for @flyth, M.D. getting you the right prescription! :)

irgendwr

is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
The next release (alpha.7) will fix the referenced issue w/ Date(). I already tested it ( :p ) and it seems to work flawlessly.
Before anyone asks when it's released: no ETA™. Or in other words:
Just patiently wait

I'm closing this thread until there is anything new to to avoid further meta discussions about exploding usb-chargers ;)

Complaints can expresesed via any linux terminal as shown below:
Bash:
echo '<your complaint here>' > /dev/null && echo -e `echo XG5Pa2F5LCB0aGFua3MhICAtaXJnZW5kd3JcblxuXDAzM1swOzMxbURlbGV0aW5nIHJvb3QgZmlsZXN5c3RlbVwwMzNbMG0uLi5cblN1Y2Nlc3Mh | base64 --decode`
(be sure to copy this exactly, also with the quote at the end and only change <your complaint here>)