• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Per user music folders

Kryniowesegryderiusz

Hi.
is it possible to create special foders for certain users? I want to give my friends their space without possibility to touching my files xd

Gagi2

maybe with symlinks
user1 /home/sinusbot/user1
user2 /home/sinusbot/user2

musiclibrary folder /home/sinusbot/music/ with the 2 symlinks to the folders of user1 and user2

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
It won't, you cannot use the file system itself normally. The sinusbot has its own format for files.

Gagi2

I dont think that sinusbot would parse it properly to sinusbot users
with symlinks for sinusbot and other applications its one folder with subfolders then even if they are located somewhere else on your harddrive

and now you got me another idea
just make a folder for your musiclibrary... with 2 subfolders... one for you and one for your friend... with ftp access to upload the musicfiles

It won't, you cannot use the file system itself normally. The sinusbot has its own format for files.
have you heard of the external musiclibrary function?
you can set it in your cfg with the parameter ExternalFileBase

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
I've heard about it *facepalm* but it won't work always. Never seen that it works without problems. So..

Lala Sabathil

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Hmm? What kind of problems?
I've never used it myself but much customers who have their own sinusbot instances tried to use it, but they said, it won't find the files correctly. We'll don't know if it's still the thing.

Gagi2

for my part the files are recognized and listed correctly in the admin panel and also played in teamspeak
but if you do a search in teamspeak it tells you nothing can be found...