• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [Request] [Done] Newsletter/Broadcast script

Ukaros

Helping Hand
Hey there.
I'm looking for a simple newsletter script. I imagine it like this:
Users can subscribe with a command (lets say !sub). Now they are either added to a servergroup or stored somewhere internally.
An admin can now group-poke/group-message all subscribed users.

If there is already a script (or a few in combination) please let me know :)
Cheers
Ukaros

Relentless

Contributor
Sounds good, I can do that when I have time.
One more question, how do you want the admin to be able to message the users which subscribed? Via command?

Ukaros

Helping Hand
Via command is most likely the easiest and most usefull way isnt it?
On the other hand a messagebox within the webinterface would be handy as well (you could share messages without being on your PC/TeamSpeak)

Relentless

Contributor
On the other hand a messagebox within the webinterface would be handy as well (you could share messages without being on your PC/TeamSpeak)
We scripters can't edit the webinterface. We could make an own one but I guess that's too much for a simple script like that.

Ukaros

Helping Hand
Yea I guess so. Also for me it would be pretty complicated to use because we use weird ports :D

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
It is possible, but through a weird way, you would have to "Save scripts' settings" each time you want to share a message.
It is not practical, so :D I am just saying, that it is possible.

Ukaros

Helping Hand

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
If you mean:
- if users are able to toggle receiving broadcast by default, then the answer is NO (that means, you have to enable it, so they can toggle it)
- if each user has disabled receiving broadcast by default, then that is false, they have it (logically) enabled by default (but they can't disable it if the broadcast toggling is off)

Ukaros

Helping Hand
Would it be possible to make it like this:
Have to 2 commands like !bcmsg and !bcpoke (both just examples) and both have their own individual checkbox to allow toggle

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
I will make the script with the poke feature just for you, since for all other users it would be a bit complicated to understand, maybe in the future I will make it like "public", but not yet.

PS: The script will be here in 1 hour.

DrWarpMan

Contributor
Insider
Tell me if it works, couldn't test it so... if it does not, always check log and give me a feedback.

Attachments

• broadcast.js
    8.6 KB · Views: 10

Ukaros

Helping Hand
Sadly we currently have a problem with port forwarding and I can not access the server our sinusbot is running on. I'll have to wait until my friend who manages the host server is back (should be this weekend)

Ukaros

Helping Hand
@DrWarpMan Hey there. Ive finally had the time to fix our bug on the server and update sinusbot. Sorry for being that late. Ive just installed the script and so far looks like it works as intended. I dont know if this message is still relevant but anyways 😅 Once again thanks a lot and have a nice weekend