• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Sinusbot doesn't start!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alligatoras

Hello everyone,

i am using sinusbot the last 5 months. Today i had my Linux server rebooted and from that moment when i type the command: ./sinusbot it does nothing. I tried to reboot and shut down and boot but still nothing.

root@s244103:~# cd /home/musicbot/sinusbot1
root@s244103:/home/musicbot/sinusbot1# ./sinusbot
root@s244103:/home/musicbot/sinusbot1# ./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat
root@s244103:/home/musicbot/sinusbot1#

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
known problem nothing will be logged. Try to reinstall the Bot with the Latest beta update.

Alligatoras

Thank you for the fast responce guys.
1) I already have the latest version of the bot.
2) I tried re-installing a complete new bot.
3) I also set to log level to 10. but still the same.
There is no log at all. After the command: "./sinusbot -RunningAsRootIsEvilAndIKnowThat" it does nothing. Only this "root@s244103:/home/musicbot/sinusbot1#" to type .

Provided Screenshots: https://gyazo.com/97d181f6e7fd5fffc858b6068f5fdc8d

That started happening after my last Linux Server reboot.

flyth

is reticulating splines
Staff member
Developer
Contributor
Please re-download, not only re-install.

Alligatoras

Hello flyth,
I tried what you said and it worked fine. Is there a specific reason that this happened?
Also if i copy the "Data" file will it work with the bot instances that i had created in the past?

Thank you for your help!

Multivitamin

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
This is a different Issue than the one above

mxschmitt

Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
download that Version :
Code:
https://www.sinusbot.com/pre/sinusbot-0.9.12.2-58b509d.tar.bz2

Hink

I have been using sinusbot-0.9.12.3-36fce3c for a while, but it stopped working after I moved from Apache to Nginx on the same server and restarted. I tired re-downloading and reinstalling
sinusbot-0.9.12.3-36fce3c and it did not work still. I tried
sinusbot-0.9.12.2-58b509d, same thing, nothing started and ./sinusbot did nothing. I tired sinusbot-0.9.8 and it worked for some reason. And suggestions on what could be going wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.