Deprecated: Use of "parent" in callables is deprecated in /var/www/html/forum/src/vendor/league/flysystem-eventable-filesystem/src/EventableFilesystem.php on line 431
  • If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Youtube-DL slow download fix.

Buldozzer

Hello there,

I have used sinusbot for years on several servers. (linux and windows based)

From time to time, I had very strange behavior when using the bot together with 'youtube-dl'.

A view days ago, it happend again, my youtube-dl was not working correctly.
It did cut off longer videos at the end, and the download rate was extremely slow.
I am talking about very long videos, like 10h mixes.

I was able to fix this in the past, by messing around with this config.ini options in the YoutubeDL section:

'MaxSimultaneousChunkDownloads'
'TimeoutSingleDownloader'
'TimeoutMultiDownloader'
'ChunkSize'

But not this time, i tried several things, but nothing i did, fixed it.

Then I found a youtube-dl fork called 'yt-dlp' I installed it just like the normal script and changed the path in the config.ini.
https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp

The fork seems to work fine with sinusbot, no problems so far.

To be fair, it only run for 3 days, but I am confident. :)

I wanted to share this, maybe it will save someone from going mad by messing with youtube-dl. 😉

MauriceR

Contributor
Using the fork "yt-dlp" instead of "yt-dl" has been around for quite some time now. See here and here for example.

But as "yt-dlp" is not officially supported by SinusBot, you will not get any support for it when you've got problems. This is just a workaround as the "yt-dl" has stopped working correctly.