• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Solved Got an license for 4+ instances but it is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

taleoftl

Donor
is awesome!
Currectly I run SinusBot with docker

0.14.3-0e747fd

I tried replace the "private.dat" in data folder, then restart, it is not working.
Then I tried to copy the "private.dat" to /opt/sinusbot/ directly through SSH, then restart, still no luck.

I use the following docker image:
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sinusbot/docker/

Attachments

• screencapture.PNG
    screencapture.PNG
    146.3 KB · Views: 39

chat_nick

Hey, I just had similar problem.
What I did at the end is this:
private.dat file has 777 privileges, it is owned by sinusbot:sinusbot (user:group). I have tried multiple times and restarted server few times - nothing. Tried to access the server through Firefox and Chrome - nothing. At the end I went to VI - edit the private.dat - obviously did not do any changes, just exited VI without saving the file. Logged on with the EDGE and it showed me additional licenses...
Weird but worked.
Regards!

taleoftl

Donor
is awesome!
Hey, I just had similar problem.
What I did at the end is this:
private.dat file has 777 privileges, it is owned by sinusbot:sinusbot (user:group). I have tried multiple times and restarted server few times - nothing. Tried to access the server through Firefox and Chrome - nothing. At the end I went to VI - edit the private.dat - obviously did not do any changes, just exited VI without saving the file. Logged on with the EDGE and it showed me additional licenses...
Weird but worked.
Regards!

It works. Thank you mate.
Never thought about it is related to file ownership

Here is my solution for docker:
  1. Replace the "private.dat" in data folder
  2. run the following command inside the container:
Code:
cd /opt/sinusbot/data
chmod root:root private.dat
3. Restart, then you can see 4 instances show up.

Attachments

• successful.png
    successful.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.