• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

Feature Import existing music library

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadammt

Is there a way to import an existing music library let's say the directory /home/media/music into the sinusbot?
Our Server is running a media server so I have a huge Music library (about 800GB) and I'd really like to avoid duplicating this library.

I found this post saying this feature wont be available...
Ein direktes rein kopieren wird es wegen der virtuellen Dateistruktur erst einmal nicht geben
[en. directly copying does not work because of the virtual Filestructure]
What exactly prohibits directly importing existing files?

I thought of writing a script to import existing files. Therefore I already inspected the database structure, but I didn't figured a way out to import (instead of copying over) the music files.
Is this possible in general or does the Bot look only inside the data directory. If "only data": Can I work around this issue by creating a sym-link to the media directory or do all file-names have to be hashed in any way?

Last edited:

irgendwr

no longer active, "retired" staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
is uber awesome!
Contributor
Insider
You can use this to import a whole folder but linking an existing folder to the sinusbot is not possible.

Last edited:

vadammt

The script imports the music by copying the files. (Not what I'm looking for).

The provided script uses the Web-API to import files - in other words, it just simplifies the import process the website already offers. The feature I'm looking for (import files without duplicating it) is with the filestructure the sinusbot uses right now (11/2016) not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.