• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.

EN [Request] Add servergroup when being a member of a steam group (also DE translated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relentless

Contributor
EN:
Hello there Sinusbot-Community,
it's quite a long time ago since I used sinusbot and I see that this community spent a lot of work on scripting which makes me really happy. I am still missing a script I would love to have for my new TeamSpeak server. Important is that this script should run on windows aswell (nothing against linux but I am an ArmA guy so I stay with Windows). The idea is to give a user a servergroup when he is a member of a specific steam group. As an example you join on the server as a new user and you have the default group "unverified" and you get the welcome message that you have to enter a specific steam group in order to get verified. Would that be possible? I really have no clue. I guess that would be a combination of the Steam API and the sinusbot. I am an experienced C# and Java coder but I simply have no time nor the knowledge to create such a useful script.
As an important feature you could also insert something like refresh time so you can set yourself how often the script checks if the user is in the steam group now (saving performance).
If anyone is able to do that and has the time, I would love to use the script and see this for the community. Have a great christmas, cheers. <3 :)

GER/DE:
Hallo Sinusbot-Community,
es ist schon eine Weile her, seitdem ich den Sinusbot benutzt habe und ich sehe, dass die Community wirklich viel Zeit damit verbracht hat, Scripte zu schreiben, was mich wirklich glücklich macht. Allerdings fehlt mir noch ein Script, welches ich liebend gern für meinen neuen TeamSpeak-Server hätte. Wichtig wäre mir, dass das Script auch auf der Windows-Version des Sinusbots läuft (nichts gegen Linux, allerdings bin ich ein ArmA-Mensch und deswegen bleibe ich bei Windows). Die Idee ist einem User eine Servergruppe zu geben, wenn er Mitglied einer bestimmten Steam-Gruppe ist. Als Beispiel: Man betritt als neuer User einen TeamSpeak-Server und hat die Standard-Gruppe "unverified" und bekommt als Willkommensnachricht, dass man dieser Steam-Gruppe beitreten muss, um verifiziert zu werden. Ist das denn möglich? Ich habe wirklich keine Ahnung. Ich tippe, dass wäre eine Mischung aus der Steam API und dem Sinusbot. Ich bin zwar ein erfahrener C# und Java Programmierer, allerdings habe ich weder die Zeit, noch das Wissen ein solches Script zu schreiben.
Als wichtiges Feature würde ich noch eine Art refresh rate vorschlagen, sodass man einstellen kann, wie oft das Script prüft, ob der User Mitglied der Gruppe ist (um Performance zu sparen).
Wenn jemand in der Lage ist das zu machen und die Zeit dazu hast, würde ich das Script liebend gerne für mich und die Community haben. Habt schöne Weihnachten, ciao. <3 :)

xDefcon

Contributor
Hello, I can't provide you a working script right now because I do not have time to do so, instead of that I can give you a broad algorithm.
  1. The user joins and sends a message to the bot to specify his Steam profile ID.
  2. The bot will run an HTTP request to the Steam API to check if the specified user exists and if it's in the specific group.
  3. If the user is not in the group, the bot will send a link to join the specified group and tells the user to run another command AFTER he joined.
  4. On that command (available only after the first one), the bot will check with another HTTP request to the Steam's API if the user is now in that group, if he is, he'll get the new group.
I did it quickly, there could be a better solution (maybe it already exists on the resources page), or it may miss important steps. I do not know exactly the steam HTTP API, but you can find proper documentation on the web.
Talking about the realization of the SinusBot script, it is basically JS, you can check my GitHub repo or other scripts to understand how does it work.
github.com/xDefcon/sinusbot-scripts

Have a nice one!

Relentless

Contributor
I will take a look at it. Thanks for the hint. Maybe I can find that time. I imagine this could be useful for some other people as well.

good_live

Tier III
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
The main problem will be to identify the users steam account. You could ask him to paste his Open ID token, but i doubt that many users are able to follow that request. Another option would be an authentication code, but you would need to have a steam bot for that.

Relentless

Contributor
Couldn't that be done with a login like all the Skin gambling sites do it? A link where you have to login with your steam account?

Last edited:

Tunakill

Contributor
Insider
Ich hab mich früher mal damit beschäftigt.
Um sicher zu gehen dass der User keine andere steam id eingibt benötigst du einen php fähigen Webserver. Auf der Webseite würde sich der User dann mit steam anmelden und man würde seine steam ID erhalten. Und dann könnte man direkt einen Ts query benutzen.

Christof

Donor
is awesome!
Hey zusammen,

Da ich genau das selbe gesucht habe und leider nicht fündig wurde, habe ich mir nun solch ein Script mit dem Sinusbot und PHP selber erstellt.
Sofern Interesse besteht stehe ich gerne zur verfügung.
Script ist zu 90% Fertig

Status
Not open for further replies.