• If you need help or want to discuss things, you now can also join us on our Discord Server!
  • A first preview of the unlimited version of SinusBot can be found in the Upcoming Changes thread. A version for Windows will follow, but we don't have a release date, yet.
Sinusbot Installer Script

EN Sinusbot Installer Script 1.5

No permission to download
Normally it should restart, checked it a second ago on debian 8.

Which OS do you use?
And it did, but I updated sinusbot the other day with your script and now when I reboot the VPS, I have to run the script and chose update to make the sinusbot RUN!

My OS is Ubuntu

Ammar

I installed Sinusbot using the script installer because i am a noob in Linux. Everything was working fine for 2 days but after that Sinusbot started giving me problems (a lot of problems). First of all, i woke up in the morning and joined my TS server and found out that when i joined my server, music bot haven't sent me an automated message(i have "Welcome!" turned on from the scripts section of the web-interface) and that moment i knew that something is wrong with the bot. The problem with the bot is that music playback stops after few hours and when i join the bot's channel i can hear nothing and no commends work at all(like !next). The log shows that my action is done and successfully performed by the bot but its not and logs says that after every second bot keeps on playing next song but can't hear anything. From webinterface only i can control the bot's volume and nothing else like next song or previous song or can't even play the song as when i click the play button, nothing happens and play button doesn't changes into stop button. I tried updating Sinusbot, reinstalling sinusbot, restarting TS server, Restarting Sinusbot's instance, Reinstalling Sinusbot, updating plugins, updating TS client and updating system files. Any help would be highly appreciated. I think i have to update yt-dl manually but i don't know how to do so. Kindly tell me how to manually update yt-dl.

Qhiliqq

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Licensed Partner
YT-DL update command:
Code:
youtube-dl -U

Could you please send the log also?

Ammar

YT-DL update command:
Code:
youtube-dl -U

Could you please send the log also?
I will send the log when bot will start giving problem again. Bot starts working when i stop and then start instance again but when i look at logs it gives some warnings and errors.(see the attatched files). Screen shot 8 is what happens after few minutes/hours of bot runing. It keeps on changing songs every second but when i join his channel i can hear nothing and when someone joins teamspeak server, scripts like welcome message also doesn't work as it does not greet anybody with welcome message. And most importantly my server doesn't timeout even for a nano second. Any help regarding this weird issue would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_9.png
    Screenshot_9.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 13

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
The did not load messages are not a Problem.
The Second screen, "404 Not found" run apt-get update and after this run the Installer Script again.

Ammar

The did not load messages are not a Problem.
The Second screen, "404 Not found" run apt-get update and after this run the Installer Script again.
I did and now i am not getting those above errors while installing/updating but my instance log still shows some errors(see screenshot attached) and my question is that should i have to reboot my vm after apt-get update? and should i run apt-get upgrade as well?

Attachments

• Screenshot_13.png
    Screenshot_13.png
    179 KB · Views: 7

Ammar

And what about this thing? It says that "no sockets found in var/run/screen/S-sinusbot."

Attachments

• Screenshot_14.png
    Screenshot_14.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 10

Ammar

This is not relevant for you ;)

Just ignore this :)
Okay i will ignore this but have you got any solution to my problem? The instance logs doesn't even tell that ending alone mode or starting alone mode after joining bot's channel.(i am talking about this when the bot sound goes off otherwise when i restart my instance it gives correct logs). Basically the only problem is the sound and the scripts. After few hours scripts and sound of bot stop working until and unless i restart my bot. Should i have to update any plugins? And i tried poking the bot when the problem happens, logs doesn't say anything like poke ignored :(

Ammar

Can anybody help regarding the error which says that there is a problem with pulse audio? (screen shot attatched)

Attachments

• Screenshot_15.png
    Screenshot_15.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 11

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
You can ignore this. And PLEASE don't post the same message in 3 Threads -.-, i have deleted your other Postes for now.

Ammar

You can ignore this. And PLEASE don't post the same message in 3 Threads -.-, i have deleted your other Postes for now.
Sorry for the spam in 3 threads :( Sir, can you provide me any solution to my problem about the bot's sound and bot getting unresponsive?

Xuxe

Containerholic
Staff member
is awesome!
V.I.P.
Contributor
Insider
This is a known Bug called "Deadlock", we know it and looking for a solution. But the whole staff is currently very busy.
- Until it is fixed a restart should help.

Ammar

This is a known Bug called "Deadlock", we know it and looking for a solution. But the whole staff is currently very busy.
- Until it is fixed a restart should help.
Okay thanks for the reply. There is one more thing i want to tell you. This problem only happens if i play songs via youtube-dl playlist otherwise built in radio stations work fine and bot does't not get unresponsive. I hope this information help you guys removing this annoying bug.

Raphraph

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Okay thanks for the reply. There is one more thing i want to tell you. This problem only happens if i play songs via youtube-dl playlist otherwise built in radio stations work fine and bot does't not get unresponsive. I hope this information help you guys removing this annoying bug.
Thanks for those details.

Qhiliqq

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Licensed Partner
Maybe you can add a step that it asks if i want to install the Autostart script (link).
Why I should do that? Its the easiest way to start/stop/restart the bot. If I ask if you would install it, nobody uses it and then I see the stupid questions like "How can I restart my bot?" ;)

And whats this script?
I use a script by @Xuxe ;)
Find it here

Nemo

Impossible to join teamspeak with the sinus bot ;
No error script all succes
error log :
8bb2b81532218c59c4faa5f5ebf31d2c.png

Seb

Hallo :) ,
ich habe leider ein Problem mit dem Script er sagt mir immer er könnte mein OS nicht finden und würde nur Debian und Ubuntu unterstüzen.
Habe Debian 8.0 minimal 64 bit am laufen. Vielleicht kann mir da jemand helfen :)

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Seb

Qhiliqq

Donor
is awesome!
Contributor
Insider
Licensed Partner
Impossible to join teamspeak with the sinus bot ;
No error script all succes
error log :
8bb2b81532218c59c4faa5f5ebf31d2c.png
Sure your TS³ Server running on Localhost?

Hallo :) ,
ich habe leider ein Problem mit dem Script er sagt mir immer er könnte mein OS nicht finden und würde nur Debian und Ubuntu unterstüzen.
Habe Debian 8.0 minimal 64 bit am laufen. Vielleicht kann mir da jemand helfen :)

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Seb
Hast du es zweimal Versucht?
Nutzt du Plesk, bzw. dein Anbieter?